DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Dallas Festival of the Arts is held in Dallas’s historic park, Reverchon Park.
3505 Maple Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75219
2400 Turtle Creek Blvd, Dallas, Texas 75219
Parking: There is limited parking available inside Reverchon park at the ball field area and recreation center, additional parking at Scotish Rites Children hospital which is next door to the park at: 2222 Welborn Street, Dallas, TX 45219. With plenty of public parking in the surrounding area neighborhood.
We encourage folks to walk and bike in off the Katy Trail which runs alongside the park.
Come and enjoy the weekend.
FOR PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
PR / PRESS INQUIRIES * PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL FOR EVENT DETAILS*
Caren West / Chad Shearer
Caren West PR
(Note: for the quickest reply, use email.)
Accept applications: September 25, 2022
Application deadline: February 22, 2023
Jury dates: February 23-24, 2023
Notification of acceptance: February 25, 2023
Accept invitation & purchase deadline: March 30, 2023
Wait List Released: March 30, 2023Event Dates: April 15-16, 2023
Load In Dates: April 14, 2023 (Friday: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM) |
Saturday (walk-in) 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM. (with advance previous participation and approval only)Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Director and included on the Wait List.
2-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as collage, papermaking, encaustic, pen and ink, paint, pencil, watercolor, or photography. The finished art is suitable for wall mounting.
3-D Mixed Media: Includes more than one type of physical material such as mosaic, papier mache, clay, fiber, glass, metal, wood, or any other 3-dimensional objects.
Ceramics: Original shaped and fired clay including earthenware, porcelain, and raku.
Digital Art: Two-dimensional works from which the original image is manipulated by the artist using a computer using programs such as Drawing, Illustrator, Paint, or other software applications.
Drawing & Printmaking: Original drawings made with pen, pencil, charcoal, pastels, or chalk. The printmaking process may include pulled plates, linoleum prints, etching, engraving, silkscreen, or lithography. All prints must be signed and numbered by the artist. Photocopies are not permitted.
Edibles: Handmade items such as jam, sauce, baked goods, etc. that are pre-packaged and not prepared on-site.
Fiber: Works created from fibers including basketry, batik, weaving, papermaking, knitting, and quilting. An embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Glass: An object made of glass including blown, fused, stained, cast, and molded. An embellishment of manufactured materials is not permitted.
Handcraft: Handmade items made by the artist from manufactured, recycled, or repurposed materials transforming the combined materials into a unique product into a cohesive collection. A complete description of items is required.
Jewelry: All Jewelry is crafted from metal, glass, stone, clay, or other materials. Commercial molds or casts are not permitted. At least 50% of the organic materials in the finished product used must be produced by the artist.
Metal: Functional and non-sculptural works incorporating metal.
Painting: The use of oils, acrylics, watercolors, and tempera suitable for hanging.
Photography: Prints, transparencies, or digital images made from the artist’s original negative or taken with a digital camera that has been processed by the artist.
Sculpture: Three-dimensional work is done in any individual medium.
Wood & Furniture: Original works in wood that are built, turned, carved, or tooled. Embellished manufactured wood items are not permitted.
– T-shirts and commercial clothing (any re-sell or manufactured items)
– Manufactured toys (any re-sell or manufactured items)
– Commercially manufactured or reproduced items (resale)
– Jewelry is made from more than 50% manufactured components
– Any item that employs the use of commercially available molds or patterns
– Water will be provided for artists on Saturday and Sunday.
– Booth Sitters are available during event hours upon request. (limited bases)
– Designated Festival Hotline available during event hours regarding assistance, emergencies, questions, concerns, etc.
– Friday load-in (Friday only load-in)
– 24 Hour on-site Security
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
– AFFPS is among the top award-winning art festival organizations in the southeast.
– Voted Best Festivals by local media – with Art Shows in the Top 100 Nationwide.
– The holder of the only Guinness World Record by any arts festival organization in the U.S.
– AFFPS employs professional marketing strategies including:
– PR and online media platforms
– Print and online media ads
– Radio and TV
– Billboards, banners, posters, and yard signs
– Extensive business partner collaboration
– Social media
– Dedicated interactive website
– Direct mail
– 300+ online calendar entries
Free parking will be available at the event site. On-street parking is also available in the surrounding neighborhood.
A waitlist will be maintained. Selected wait-listed artists may be contacted when the Wait List is released one day prior to the event date.
NO SHOW POLICY
Artists who have not checked in and/or called the Festival Emergency Number ( the number will be available in confirmation materials) by Saturday at 8:00 a.m. will be considered a “no-show.” No Show artists are not eligible for refunds. Assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait-list artist.
RAIN OR SHINE
There will be no “rain date” and fees will not be refunded in the case of inclement weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting Sales Tax. Sales Tax reporting documents are provided to participating artists at check-in at the event. The current Sales Tax rate for this event is 8.25% (Texas 6.25%, City of Dallas 2%).
HOW THE FEES ARE USED
All AFFPS Festivals support the GFPS, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a stronger arts community. The GFPS provides scholarships for artists to help them with their artistic careers.
Rules & Regulations
NOTE: All tents placed on grass areas may require flooring to cover the grass in certain weather conditions. Be prepared by having a breathable mat to protect the grass surface at your location.
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. We require Exhibitors to use white top tents of EZ UP quality or higher. All tents must be weighted. Set up will be on the pavement.
2. Prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed setup information. No wide Trucks, Trailers or Over-sized vehicles will be permitted to drive in on Saturday as tents will be in place. Please plan to set-up on Friday – from 9:00am till 9:00pm.
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor’s activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations must be received at least 60 days prior to the event, in written form and submitted by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to email@example.com. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the due date or no-shows. Jury Exempt spaces are none-refundable.
6. AFFPS reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor’s contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither AFFPS nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor’s agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor.
Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist’s space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival.
No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist’s booth.