October 23-24, 2021
Kidd Spring Park in Kidd Springs Neighborhood
(not far from Oak Cliff/ Kessler Park and the Bishop Arts area)
700 West Canty Street, Dallas, TX 75208
Kidd Springs Park Recreation Center / Duck Pond
700 West Canty Street, Dallas, TX 75208
711 West Candy Street, Dallas, TX 75208 (limited parking at the Rec. Center)
Food Court – located at the Ball Field and Tennis Center near the corner of (Kidd Springs Drive and Sylvan Avenue)
Artist Check-In is located in the parking lot near the ball fields and Tennis Center.
On the corner of Kidd Springs Drive and Sylvan Avenue (entrance from North Tyler Street)
GPS Locator: 803-831 Kidd Springs Drive, Dallas, TX 75208
910 Sylvan Avenue, Dallas, TX 75208
Important Dates: 2021
Accept applications: May 27, 2021
Application deadline: September 21, 2021
Jury dates: September 22, 2021
Notification of acceptance: September 23, 2021
Accept invitation & purchase deadline: October 05, 2021
Wait List Released: October 06, 2021
What Are the Fees?
Application fee: $30
Standard booth fee: $300
Double booth fee: $600 (limited availability)
Corner upgrade: $75 (limited availability)
Electricity: $100 (limited availability)
Assigned Booth spaces are approximately 12’ deep and 12’ wide or greater. Double booths are also available. Please note that the festival route is along a street with some areas that are not level. All work exhibited must be confined to the assigned space(s). Artists are responsible for providing their own means of displaying their work. All artist tents must be weighted with a minimum of 40 pounds per leg with a white canopy.
– T-shirts and commercial clothing (any re-sell or manufactured items)
– Manufactured toys (any re-sell or manufactured items)
– Commercially manufactured or reproduced items (resale)
– Jewelry made from more than 50% manufactured components
– Any item that employs the use of commercially available molds or patterns
The Artist Market Jury will award Exhibitor applications based on technical ability, originality of the art and quality of the booth display. Judging and awards will be held on Saturday for Best of Show, Fine Arts; Best of Show, Crafts; 1st Place; 2nd Place; 3rd Place; Honorable Mention (two) and Best Booth.
– Designated Festival Hotline available during event hours regarding assistance, emergencies, questions, concerns, etc.
– Friday load-in (Friday only load in)
– 24 Hour on-site Security (provided by Dallas P.D.)
ADVERTISING & PROMOTION
– AFFPS is among the top award-winning art festival organizations in the southeast.
– Voted Best Festivals by local media – with Art Shows in the Top 100 Nationwide.
– The holder of the only Guinness World Record by any arts festival organization in the U.S.
– AFFPS employs professional marketing strategies including:
– PR and online media platforms
– Print and online media ads
– Radio and TV
– Billboards, banners, posters and yard signs
– Extensive business partner collaboration
– Social media
– Dedicated interactive website
– Direct mail
– 300+ online calendar entries
Free parking will be available at the event site. On-street parking is also available in the surrounding neighborhood.
A waitlist will be maintained. Selected wait-listed artists may be contacted when the Wait List is released through one day prior to the event date.
NO SHOW POLICY
Artists who have not checked-in and/or called the Festival Emergency Number ( the number will be available in confirmation materials) by Saturday at 4:00 a.m. will be considered a “no-show.” No Show artists are not eligible for refunds. Assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait-list artist.
RAIN OR SHINE
There will be no “rain date” and fees will not be refunded in the case of inclement weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting Sales Tax. Sales Tax reporting documents are provided to participating artists at check-in at the event. The current Sales Tax rate for this event is 8.25% (Texas 6.25%, City of Dallas 2%). All participants’ information is provided to the State of Texas Comptrollers Office.
HOW THE FEES ARE USED
All AFFPS Festivals support the GFPS, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a stronger arts community. The GFPS provides scholarships for artists to help them with their artistic careers.
To view the AFFPS Event Policies for Artists online CLICK HERE.
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. We require Exhibitors to use white top tents of EZ UP quality or higher. All tents must be weighted. NO STAKING ALLOWED. Click here for Tent & Weight Compliance.
2. Prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed setup information. Plan to set up your booth on Friday before the Festival. (Please do not call for Booth assignments, they will be posted on Zapp once they are completed).
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor’s activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations must be made submitted in written form by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to email@example.com. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 60 days prior to the event date or for no-shows. All refunds will incur a $50 admin fee.
Refund Policy during the Coronavirus: Effective March 20th, 2020.
During this time of uncertainty, in the event that we are required by the City to cancel the event, both booth fees and application fees will be transferred to the next (same) event for 2021. (No artist will lose any fee’s associated with this event).
6. The Festival reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor’s contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither AFFPS nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor’s agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist Market merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor. Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist’s space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival. No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist’s booth.
LOAD IN/LOAD OUT
Artists will have to dolly/wagon in their booth during set-up and tear down, we are set-up on the grassy area of the park alongside the sidewalks. Artists can load-in only during the designated times and must check-in with a photo ID. The lane of traffic where the festival takes place is only wide enough for one vehicle. Therefore, we depend upon artists’ cooperation to keep traffic moving at a pace that will allow everyone equal time to set-up. We ask that upon arrival at your booth location you unpack then move your vehicle before you start set-up. Artists will be responsible for hand carting in additional merchandise after the designated load-in time.
A waitlist will be maintained. Waitlist applicants can be accepted up to and on the day of the Festival.